27 March 2013

writing scripts onto the body


(1) scripts on bodies

you have written
a script.
onto your –
body.

Tunis(ia)
is roaring.

where were you
men!
I do not
hear you –
roaring
when –

women are
denied
rights.

I do not
hear you –
roaring
when –

women are
raped
battered
violated
imprisoned
killed
treated like –
discarded objects.

just because –
we are born
women.

five words –
written a script
onto the body
and you roar.

Amina has shown us all –
what you are
all
about.

(c) khulud khamis, 2013

***

(2) the body

the body
my body
such a powerful –
entity.

it seems that –
it can
move mountains
cause revolutions

it can also
have me –
locked up
in a psychiatric
institute.

for what –
for five words
written onto it.

(c) khulud khamis, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are your footprints. I'll never know what impression you were left with if you don't leave any footprints behind you. Please share your thoughts. You're also welcome to drop me a personal line at khulud.kh@gmail.com