8 June 2008

The Mask

A mask on my face - a mud mask.
To make me - who?
Someone new?
Or maybe just a new... me?
I will find out when I wash it off.
Or maybe I will wash off a part of my self...
Terrifying thought...
I left the mask on for twelve minutes - the instructions said five to ten - just to be on the safe side.
I felt my face all shrivelled up.
Then I washed it off with lukewarm water - just like the instructions said.
And when I looked in the mirror,
It was still ME staring back at myself...
(c) all rights reserved to Khulud Khamis (2008)

1 comment:

  1. waw i like this
    so many masks we put in our faces and in the end it still us facing ourselves
    so simple so inspiring
    thanks for sharing this words
    :)
    nisreen

    ReplyDelete

Comments are your footprints. I'll never know what impression you were left with if you don't leave any footprints behind you. Please share your thoughts. You're also welcome to drop me a personal line at khulud.kh@gmail.com