3 November 2012

rain - my muse, my lover

(c) painting by khulud kh, 1993


Rain – i pray you into my bones
into my mind
to create
from the sound of you
rain – don't let me become cracked dry
like the brown earth of a Tammuz
sun-crunched day

you have come so close
touched my bare bones with your rain
now they are soaked...
cracked

you have reached those geographies of me –
that naked – Madness

when you come – I become
in you
without you
you are that which soaks the dryness – all the cracks

when many run away
it is I who come to you
for life
for breath
for the wetness in you

and for –
that quality in you
the smell of the earth
when you’re gone – is the memory of you

waiting for a night
when you will come – my lover
to listen to your splashing on the asphalt
to smell your brown earth-soaked wet
and to create in your life

thank you rain – for
that sense of ALIVEness
only you – my lover

(c) khulud kh, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are your footprints. I'll never know what impression you were left with if you don't leave any footprints behind you. Please share your thoughts. You're also welcome to drop me a personal line at khulud.kh@gmail.com